This document states how the Editorial Board of Polemics will use personal information (‘you’,
your’) for the website. This notice refers to all processing of your personal data.
This document is intended to help you understand how and why we process your data. The
examples given in this document are illustrative and not of a restrictive nature. Neither do we
necessarily attempt to collect all forms of personal data that are listed here.
What gives us the right to hold your information
The legal basis for us to collect and process your data is your own consent. By accepting, and
therefore agreeing to our policies, you give us your consent to collect and process your data
within the scope of and for the purposes detailed below.
Types of personal information we may hold
Information about you: Name, e-mail address, IP address
Information to contact you: Name, e-mail address (if provided in forms)
What we use your personal information for
The organization will process your data where such processing is necessary:
- to assess the details of our readership base
- to comply with a legal obligation to which the organization is subject
- to provide you with our newsletter, if you have explicitly consented to this
- The organization uses your data for a variety of purposes including, but not
- Legal purposes: To comply with legal obligations to which we are subjected
Sharing and disclosure of your personal information
We are highly committed to maintaining the confidentiality of all personal information. We will
comply with all legal requirements regarding the sharing and disclosure of personal information.
The organization will only share or disclose your information when:
- we are legally obligated to do so;
- it is requested by crime detection and prevention authorities, regulators, or other
- I explicitly consent to disclose my contact details to other AISupNet members for
- Security and integrity of personal information
The organization maintains appropriate measures to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of
the personal information is processes in adherence with data protection laws and our internal
How long we keep your information
We have retention and deletion schedules that are compliant with European data protection laws.
However, such information will always be fully anonymised and will only be used for the
purpose of assessing our readership database.
Cookies from the third-party service Google to analyse user activity via link-tracking in order to
improve our site. If you do not want these Cookies to be used when you are on our site, you have
the right to opt-out, for example by using the opt-out browser add-on by Google.
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to:
- request to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and
- withdraw your consent at any time, where the processing of your personal data is
based on your consent, by writing an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with effect
for the future.
We will make sure that any request to utilize such rights shall be processed by the magazine in a
timely manner. For more information about your rights and how to exercise them, please contact
your local/regional privacy contact.
For the purposes of European data protection law, the organization is the data controller of your
personal information. If you have any questions regarding this notice or how we use your
personal information, please contact us via e-mail: email@example.com
Updates of this notice
This document may be updated without prior notice to reflect changes in our practices. You will
be notified of any significant changes to this notice for as long as we retain any non-anonymous
personal information about you.